[OT] Any PDF Experts Out There in RevLand?

david bovill david at openpartnership.net
Thu Sep 15 13:26:19 EDT 2005

I'm working on this at the moment - part time though. At the moment I
am basing this on web services and the Apache Forrest project -
http://forrest.apache.org/.

Rev Client (GUI Interface)
Basic outliner which can import / export a number of formats:

Rev writes XML files for:

     1) Hierarchical Navigation = site map (see later)
     2) Tab Navigation (for web site)
     3) XML files for contents of each web page - corresponds to a
title in the outliner and site map.

Rev sends this information to Apache Forrest
This is a Java program which could run on OSX - I have it installed
on a Linux server. Once you set this up you can use the xml files
created above to both generate skinable web sites together with
navigation as well as good PDF export with bookmarks and tables etc.

     1) Provide
         a) Basic web service (REST based) or
         b) Run Forrest as daemon and ftp or write xml files to
directory

     2) Return (download) pdf document

Happy to work on it with you or anyone else on the list -  can chat
online and talk through it if you want:

     fortyfoxes at jabber.org