Why I have got only 2 speakers working with Quicktime 7 ?

Damien Girard dam-pro.girard at laposte.net
Thu Sep 15 11:37:49 EDT 2005

Le jeudi 15 septembre 2005 à 07:04 -0700, Mark Talluto a écrit :
> On Sep 14, 2005, at 6:07 AM, Damien Girard wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have upgraded Quicktime of my Windows to the version 7, and I
> > have got a problem.
> >
> > With Quicktime 6, when I was playing a stereo file (mp3) with
> > runrev, I had got all my speakers who return the sound.
> > (This is a feature of my soundcard). But, I have upgraded to
> > Quicktime 7, and I have got only the sound on my front speakers.
> >
> > So, I wan't to know how I can set all my speaker work with
> > Quicktime 7 and Revolution (because in Itunes, stereo files are
> > played with all my speaker and not
> > only front speaker).
>

> I can only say that QT 7 now supports full surround sound.  If the
> audio is encoded in stereo only, that may be the problem.  I am sure
> there is a way to force the recorded channels through to all
> speakers, but I do not know how.
>

> Mark Talluto

Hi Mark,

Under windows, DirectSound have got the CMMS feature (feature supported
by my soundcard). Quicktime 6 used DirectSound, and this feature worked.
But with Quicktime 7, this feature is not used, and stereo file aren't
played by all my speakers.
If is it only a Quicktime problem, is it not the place for this message,
but when I play a media file with iTunes, the CMMS feature is used !
So I wan't to know if there are a way for have this feature work with
Runrev.

Regards,
Damien Girard
Email: dam-pro.girard at laposte.net