More drawing tool woes: no mouseDown or mouseUp sent?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Sep 10 04:12:40 EDT 2005

MisterX wrote:
> Richard,
>
> Can't you set up either
>
> A frontscript that traps mousedown and up before your controls...
> this front scripts remembers where that happened and passes it or
> treats the value...

That one won't work, because there is not message to trap at any level
if the pointer tool is active. :(

> An alternative is to have a card framework that does all the events instead
> of having the controls in the card relay the events. It would give you more
> control i believe - not the best way to program rev though, it's still
> "legal!"

Polling?  I've been doing waaaay to much polling to work around other
messaging anomalies; kinda hate to add more overhead like that if I
could avoid it.  But indeed, perhaps I can't.....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation