Tabbed Panels

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Sep 9 20:22:20 EDT 2005

On 9/9/05 7:14 PM, "Scott Kane - Reptile Software Consultant"
<scott at proherp.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I add controls to a tabbed panel the
> controls appear on each tab.  That is to say
> the controls on tab one appear on tabs three
> and four as well.  I would have expected each
> page to "own" the object in it.  Am I missing
> something obvious?

Yes - that it's not a tabbed panel, but a tab *button* that does not contain
anything, but can be used to visually toggle between states. When tabs are
clicked, you get a message (menuPick) that will tell you what tab they
clicked, and you can then either show/hide groups that correspond to what
should display for a particular tab, or you can go to another card in a
stack.

Eric Chatonet has an example on how to work on RevOnline - username "So
Smart Software", click on "Tutorials Picker 2.0" and click "Go To". When the
stack opens, click the "Open" button, then in the list of tutorials, double
click on "How to Manage Tabbed Buttons".

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/