Google search with unicode or HTMLText?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Sep 7 19:50:29 EDT 2005

Curtis-

> I'd like it to work with Russian but can't figure out what I need to
> change. The code above gives me this in the browser's search bar:

> http://www.google.com/search?q=%043%04%3E%04@%045

> I've tried using urlEncode(tWordToSearch), setting useUnicode to
> true, using unicodeText of the field that contains the search term,
> etc., but can't get the right combination .. anyone have any ideas?

Pass the "hl=ru" argument to google (and quote the string):

     put "http://www.google.com/search?hl=ru&q=" into tWordToSearch
     put quote & fld "word field" of cd "Review Words" & quote \
       after tWordToSearch
     revGoURL tWordToSearch

http://www.google.com/search?hl=ru&q=%22%D0%9A%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%B8%22

--