ANN: Line shaper

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Wed Sep 7 10:34:34 EDT 2005

I have always wondered about the feasibility of a "shaper" graphic tool.

By "shaper" tool I mean a circular graphic which may be used to nudge
a graphic line to conform locally to the shaper. That is, as the
circle moves against the line, the line conforms to the circular
shape of the shaper.

Imagine a string lying of a flat surface. Slide a circular disk into
the string. The string will be deformed to the shape of the disk.
(Well, not quite. The length of the sting is fixed; the length of the
Rev graphic line is not fixed. Instead the number of graphic  points
is fixed. It might be interesting to try to keep the length of the
graphic line fixed.)

This works by "pushing" the graphic points ahead of the shaper. (You
can see this by making the Marker Points visible.)

This tool works poorly when the graphic points become widely
separated. For most purposes, the bezier tools still work best for
constructing lines with a complex shape. But some may find the shaper
useful in some situations.

In the message box run the following:

go stack url ""http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/ShapeLine.rev"

Jim