Standalone - substack save problem

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 19:59:33 EDT 2005

> I'm trying to make an application that saves to a substack. I have made
> at least one application that does this correctly, but I can't seem to
> do it again.
>
> I can make a application that saves data in a sub stack if I do it in a
> particular folder. If I try to copy that revolution file to another
> folder, or 'save as' it to another folder, it no longer makes a
> standalone that saves to it's sub stack. If I put the revolution file
> in a sub folder of the folder it works in, it stops working.
>
> Currently, I can only make standalones that save to a sub stack in this
> one folder. If I make a new revolution file in a new folder from
> scratch it will not save to a sub stack. I think I have the settings
> right: I checked "Move substacks into individual stackfiles".

Hi Rich,

I wrote an article for revJournal on how to save data from
standalones, which might help:
<http://www.revjournal.com/tutorials/saving_data_in_revolution.html>.

However if the saving works in a particular folder only, maybe you
have hard-coded the path to that folder somewhere in your stack.
Perhaps you need to find the filename of the mainstack in order to
work out what folder the application is in.

HTH,
Sarah