Messages

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sat Sep 3 15:19:32 EDT 2005

I love this analogy, Jim.

I'd suggest a slight tweak.

The row of drinkers consists of three guys.

The first one only drinks Guinness.
The second only drinks Bud Light.
The third will drink anything with alcohol.

So when the bartender slides a Guinness, the first guy gets it. If he
slides a Bud Light, the first guy turns up his nose and the second
guy stops it and drinks it. In both of those cases, the third guy is
still thirsty. Now the bartender slides a glass of Chardonnay. The
first guy turns up his nose, the second guy hardly recognizes it and
the third guy finally gets a drink. Next, the bartender slides a
Shirley Temple. It goes past all three guys and crashes to the floor.

Great analogy.