Application Folder

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Sep 1 23:57:21 EDT 2005

Yes there are potential problems in using "filename"

in fact I just hit on this yesterday. A substack has no "filename"
property. Thus if you query that property in a preOpenStack handler
in the main stack and poke it into a global, when you open a substack
it will insert empty into the global!

dynamically built paths to external files using

  "gMyLocation &"/"& somefile.shtml"

just stopped working for me when the user opened a substack in my app...

I finally realized that gMyLocation was empty!

By using "the effectivefilename" which is the same for a mainstack
and any of its substacks, you will always return the same value...
and you don't have to build any workarounds for the fact that
"filename" for substacks is empty.

Aloha
Sivakatirswami