problem waiting - spellchecker

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Thu Sep 1 03:18:57 EDT 2005

Hi everyone

I've advanced quite a lot in the spell checker BUT

the wait until [condition] with messages

still gives me lots of troubles.

It works usually the first time, maybe a second time,
but it definitely locks up after 2-4 loops...

By locking up, i mean that it doesn't seem to get either the
"with messages" or that the condition is correct.

I checked if the waitdepth is not > 1 but it is not. And if it
was, how do you delete the pending waits? grrr...

After a control-C to abort the "wait", the error message indicates
that the lock up happens at the "wait" statement.

What can cause this problem? Nothing else is running or being sent
or listed in the pending messages...

This is far from reliable "at all" from what i can tell. Even if i
debug (usually forces things to work better - or worse ;), it doesn't
help. I see no cause for the wait to "hang"...

Thanks for any help on this...

Other than that, i got a "real" word parser going, and i'll be also
putting back the style to the corrected words where necessary... This
is quite a challenging application - to be done the right way ;)

cheers
Xavier

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER