classic file paths

Jeffrey Reynolds jeff at siphonophore.com
Thu Sep 1 03:03:13 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have not been able to figure out what a kosher file path should be
for rev 251 macOS apps when they are running in classic. I have even
tried to use the answer file dialog to grab the path for a jpg then use
the resulting path to set the file path for an image object, but it
just wont work on with a standalone macos 251 app running in classic. I
tried knocking the volume/hard drive name off and the leading /, but
nothing has created a kosher file path. am i missing something?

I guess its a bit moot since i will be having an osx version, so wont
have to have an macos running under classic, but I would like to know
the file path structure is for my own edification.

thanks

jeff