Strang cursor behaviour after a drag event...

Jan Sælid selid at broadpark.no
Mon Oct 31 12:28:46 EST 2005

Hi

I have two fields. In the first one I have placed an empty "On dragEnd" event because I don't want the user to change the field only drag.

In the second one I have an "Acceptdrop" event together with an "On dragDrop" event because I want to check the dragdata before I place it in the field.

Something like this:

In script of Field 1:

    On dragEnd
        -- nothing in here
    end dragEnd

In script of field 2:

    on dragEnter
       set the acceptDrop to true
    end dragEnter

    on dragDrop
       --- check the dragdata
       --- place it in the field if it is allowed
    end dragDrop

Now here is the strange behaviour:

After the text is dragged and placed into the second field. The cursor behaves in a reversed order. When entering a field the cursor becomes an arrow.
When entering a button the cursor becomes an iBeam. The opposite of normal behaviour I would say. This happens only in the event of dragging from field 1 to field 2.
I have tried to create two new fields with no script in them. And dragging between these two do not make the same strange behaviour.

Have my computer got a fever? what is happening?

J.S