Getting generic OSX icon in standalone

graham samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Sun Oct 30 11:29:51 EST 2005

I've been making a Standalone on OSX Tiger (10.2.4). I believe I have
a well-formed icon - a .icns file made with Iconographer, including
the largest size version (128x128). I can make the Standalone easily
enough, and when I put it in the Applications folder, I get the
proper icon; but if I leave the app in another folder outside
Applications, I get the Apple generic icon for an application, and
the documents for this app also get a (different) generic icon rather
than the one I designed - although I can see versions of the doc icon
in file dialogs within the application. Is this what's supposed to
happen? The only item I got when I searched for this issue in the
list archive was an inconclusive conversation between John and Derek
Bump, back in January of this year.

Can anyone help?

Graham