Dumb question about RunRev Documentation

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sun Oct 30 07:32:17 EST 2005

graham samuel wrote:

> I just read this under 'audioClip' in the Dictionary tab of the
> embedded documentation for RR 2.6.1:
>
>> The audio clip object has a number of properties and messages
>> associated with it. To see a list of messages that can be sent to  an
>> audio clip as a result of user actions or internal Revolution
>> events, open the "Transcript Language Dictionary" page of the main
>> Documentation window, and choose "Audio Clip Messages" from the  Show
>> menu at the top.
>

> I can't find a way to open the Transcript Language Dictionary and get
> a menu bar other than the normal RunRev development menu, which
> doesn't have a 'Show' menu. Am I supposed to open the Dictionary as a
> standalone or something? I imagine everyone else knows the answer -
> it's quite a long time since I've tried to find indirect info of this
> kind. BTW I did eventually find the info using the 'objects' button
> in the Docs window, but the route described above remains obscure to me.

Those instructions are for Rev documentation pre 2.5  (the docs were
significantly revised and improved at 2.5).
The instructions work fine for 2.2 :-)

But if you don't have Rev 2.2 still installed, try

1. select the Objects button in the toolbar at the top of the doc window
2. expand the left menu/tree for   + Objects   +  AudioClip  + message
and you get the equivalent info.