Programming is fun again

simplsol at aol.com simplsol at aol.com
Fri Oct 28 12:30:24 EDT 2005

In the past I have commented on the instability I've experienced using
Rev for my work. I use it hard. Sixteen and eighteen hour days are
common. I regularly work with 20 to 30 meg. stacks. Some of the
routines I run take 30 to 40 hours. This is often done on computers
that have not been rebooted in a month or two (OS X, of course). I
commented to Mark that Rev would crash more, for me, in a day than
HyperCard did in a decade of similar use (and this was no
exaggeration). Very frustrating.
  Ancient history! Since installing version 2.6.1 I've had only one
crash that "might" be attributed to Rev. It just runs! Even doing what
I do with it.
  Not only is this more productive, it is more satisfying; it is hard to
describe how much more I enjoy working now.
 Thank you Kevin, Mark, beta testers, stockholders, fellow listees.
If you are using an older version and debating whether this is a
worthwhile upgrade, let me add my voice to the chorus saying "Do it
now." If you know someone who tried Rev and gave up on it, have them
try 2.6.1, I'm sure they will thank you.
  Paul Looney