revdocs

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Thu Oct 27 12:42:01 EDT 2005

On 27 Oct 2005, at 15:51, Lynch, Jonathan wrote:

> Some thoughts on making it easy and providing motivation:
> 1) Revdoc moderators, who also read the list a lot, can make it very
> easy for folks who contribute a good suggestion on the list. The
> moderator can look up the correct URL for a given wiki page for
> whatever
> command or function is under discussion, then respond to the post
> on the
> list with the link to that page, and a gentle suggestion like "Hey,
> awesome advice, can you go here www.whateverTheURLis.org and add it to
> the wiki. This means, the person being asked to contribute can just
> click on the link, and voila, they have started.

Saves time - point to a FAQ - questions are always posted many times
over.

> 2) Praise should be given on this list whenever someone adds something
> useful to the wiki
>
> 3) The wiki itself should be as clean and easy to scan as possible.
> Some
> folks have a penchant for messy, cluttered web pages, just packed with
> all sorts of info. We need to make sure this wiki is very easy to
> scan,
> so as not to turn people off when they first go to it.
>
> This would be in addition to all the other good ideas that have been
> suggested for making it user friendly.

Agreed.

At the risk of being completely undemocratic - and more in the just-
go-ahead-and-do-it philosophy - I just registered the domains:

     - www.revdocs.org / net / com

I suggest we point them all at the same place as people often forget
which ending to use. If a better name comes up or is suggested fine -
no big loss :)