Ensuring numeric input

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Oct 27 11:53:00 EDT 2005

On 10/27/05 8:34 AM, "Lynch, Jonathan" <bnz2 at cdc.gov> wrote:

> .2 is a number
> . is just a period, not a number
>
> -2 is a number
> - is just a minus sign, not a number

True... but that raises another UI issue - if the field has ".2" in it and
someone attempts to delete the "2", do we keep the "." by itself in the
field, hoping someone will type another number and then tray it on
closeField to provide an alert? Or do we remove the decimal point as well to
empty the field? And if we *do* remove the decimal, how would that be
different from having an empty field and typing a decimal point to start a
decimal number; before the actual number is typed, there's just a decimal
point in the field...

Hmm...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software