Is there a userlist or a forum for Constellation?

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Thu Oct 27 11:06:10 EDT 2005

This is very close to the RansomWare idea:

On 27 Oct 2005, at 13:39, Dave LeYanna wrote:

> I think you might be interested in an idea that a company I buy
> from uses to get support for product development. The company
> produces titles for the "Libronix" ebook system. They employ a
> "community pricing" scheme to get support for production costs when
> adding a new title. Basically people tell them that they would be
> willing to pay for the product and when they have enough support to
> cover the costs they go into development and at the end of
> production those that had placed their bid get it "at cost" while
> anyone else will need to pay "retail" and the company just keeps
> building their catalog without having to risk direct investment. I
> could see this working very nicely.

For me RansomWare requires too much commitment while the "promise to
buy" strategy obove a little too weak - both good. Using a currency
that you can use to get services from other developers but that
doesn't cost you real cash is an interesting middle ground.