Display problems remain in 2.6.1 using OS X

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Wed Oct 26 18:44:42 EDT 2005

>  Jim Hurley wrote:
>
>>  Just got around to downloading 2.6.1.
>>
>>  Haven't had a chance yet to explore all the good bug fixes yet.
>>  But, the first thing I did was to check the screen refresh problem
>>  in OS X. That remains a problem. The screen does not refresh after
>  > many commands that affect the screen, such as "set the loc of...."
>>  and writing to the screen. In the example:
>>
>>  on mouseUp
>>    put "" into field "display"
>>    put "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their
>>  country." into tText
>>    repeat with i = 1 to the number of chars in tText
>>      put char i of tText after field "display"
>>      unlock screen
>>    end repeat
>>  end mouseUp
>>
>>  The line "unlock screen" (or wait 0 milisec) is necessary in OS X
>>  to get a smooth banner display.
>

>Hi Jim,
>
>I tried this and it looked the same with or without the "unlock
>screen".  Do you have another example that might demonstrate the
>problem?

Hi Mark,

Yes. In the message box:

go stack url "http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/DisplayProblemsOSX.rev"

It illustrates both the "set pos"  as well as the "put char" problem.
Are you running OS X?

I brought this up  at the Monterey conference with Mark Waddingham
and I sent him the stack above. He said he would see if he could come
up with a fix.

Jim