Enhancement for Constellation?

Ton Kuypers tkuypers at pandora.be
Wed Oct 26 17:40:30 EDT 2005

Hi,

Started using Constellation a few days ago and after some getting
used to it, I must say I LIKE IT!!!!!!

As probably a lot of us, I've created a few "helper" stacks to put in
the missing parts in the basic Revolution IDE but all of my items are
incorporated in Constellation a lot better.
Except for one...

When working in larger structures, I found it handy to automatically
insert a comment at the end of a control structure, showing the name
of the control structure.
The comment is only placed when the structure is more then 5 lines
big, including the start- and endline.

Example:
     IF it would be summer all year THEN
         Do something line 1
         Do something line 2
         Do something line 3
     ELSE
         Do another thing line 1
         Do another thing line 2
         Do another thing line 3
         Do another thing line 4
         IF it is winter and there is a lot of snow THEN
             REPEAT with a = 1 to the amount of snow
                 Do snowboard thing line 1
                 Do snowboard thing line 2
                 Do snowboard thing line 3
             END REPEAT  -- with a = 1 to the amount of snow
         END IF  -- it is winter and there is a lot of snow
     END IF  -- it would be summer all year

This way it is very easy to see what end belongs to what beginning...

Maybe a suggestion for the next version of Constellation?

Regards,

Ton Kuypers