Runtime Engine

Stewart Lynch slynch at richmond.sd38.bc.ca
Wed Oct 26 15:22:44 EDT 2005

How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com> on Wednesday,
October 26, 2005 at 12:17 PM -0800 wrote:
>Maybe I'm the one who's confused here.
>
>If you want to sell or give away a CGI, then I *think* every server
>on which the CGI would run would require a RunRev license. But if you
>want to just give people *access* to a CGI running on your server (or
>one you rent space on), then you only need one copy of the engine
>running on that server. The CGI is accessed via Web browsers going to
>that server.
>
>Or did you have something else entirely in mind?
I am interested in building a CGI that I can bundle with another Web
solution that I produce that runs on FirstClass.  FirstClass supports CGIs
so I would like to offer my cgi solution with my web solution.
I was hoping that I could do this in revolution and perhaps use a royalty
free Revolution runtime engine.  Is this not possible?

:  o/  : Stewart Lynch
: <|   : Director of Instruction, Technology and Information Services
: / >  : Richmond School District
:......:   Richmond, BC Canada
Internet: slynch at richmond.sd38.bc.ca
https://public.sd38.bc.ca/~slynch