How trim: Bug in RegExp engine

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 00:37:05 EDT 2005

Ah, yes, this can be quite a quagmire, which is why I suggested that for
those of us who use regular expressions (but not on a regular basis)  'for
increased power and productivity', it might be useful to build a library of
forms and examples in Rev functions.

The trial-and-error nature is due to the 'alternate' thinking required .
Unfortunately, my projects don't really leave time for exhaustive testing
and I fear the exceptions/false-misses will hurt my programming result.  On
one project it will be a minor nuisance, and another, quite an expensive
"whooops".

The goal for me is not to see who can write the most clever/most fastest,
but instead, the most powerful yet understandable.  The key is to know
exactly what rules you are invoking in order to accurately predict the
result.

As I said before, gleaning pearls from an oily mess.
All of 'um, and only dem.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas
who will be organizing his regex beginning this week and sharing in the very
near future.