stack while debugging

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Mon Oct 24 21:33:38 EDT 2005

A while ago I wished that while debugging I had a stack, in the non-
Rev sense,  available to examine, and so as to change debugging
context. Somebody (sorry, I've forgotten who) pointed out that we do
have that: a pulldown menu in the Message Box.

Good -- but it's usually wrong. The stack (in the Rev sense) I need,
which is the stack I'm in (using, debugging), isn't the one auto-
selected there -- that's another stack a couple of steps back. It may
be the last one *accessed* by Rev (I wrote something to it from the
current stack), but it isn't meaningfully the *current* stack, the
one I'm looking at, the one whose controls and variables I want to
access. So I keep typing stuff into the msg box that gets errors
because I'm not noticing it's paying attention to some other stack.

Might that be fixable?

Charles Hartman