Help with image effect

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Oct 24 17:19:19 EDT 2005

MisterX wrote:

>Alex
>
>Here's the new script I made - note that now it's TAOO style ;)
>It applies to any control's rect... And it swaps layers at some
>point.

I like it - almost !

I'm not sure it's safe to swap the layers of an arbitrary control, just
because you're changing its position - doesn't that affect the tab order
for focusable controls.

In my specific case, what I'm actually doing is raising the layer of the
two images I'm swapping to the top (otherwise they flicker in and out of
view as the pass behind / in front of the other intervening images.
(Think "jigsaw puzzle").

>What's TAOO about this handler? It handles any occasion! It was
>improved, it's shared among the community for more ideas!

Thanks!

>anyone think rev should support opengl? How far can Rev take multimedia with
>a simple idea?

I think OpenGL would be good .... though I struggle to do much exciting
stuff with images (far less sound and video), so I'm not sure I'd be
able to make good use of it - but I'd sure like to have the chance.