Multilingual dialogues

David Bovill david at openpartenrship.net
Thu Oct 20 15:33:58 EDT 2005

On 20 Oct 2005, at 17:03, Trevor DeVore wrote:

> You can simplify setting tooltips and field text values by using
> code like this when a stack opens for the first time.  It just
> looks for custom properties of controls that specify what key in
> the language stack to use for that control.
>
> repeat with i = 1 to the number of cards of this stack
>     repeat with j = 1 to the number of controls of this stack
>         if the uLocale["tooltip"] of control j of card i of this
> stack is not empty then
>             set the tooltip of control j of card i of this stack to \
>                 getString(the uLocale["tooltip"] of control j of
> card i of this stack)
>         end if
>
>         if the uLocale["text"] of control j of card i of this stack
> is not empty then
>             set the text of control j of card i of this stack to \
>                 getString(the uLocale["tooltip"] of control j of
> card i of this stack)
>         end if
>     end repeat
> end repeat

Thanks - sounds good. And perhaps if all the language stacks were
substacks of stack "Translations" or.... then it would be easy to add
another translation and a script could automatically figure out how
many were available?

> David - I've tried answering the email you sent me but it keeps
> getting bounced.  I've tried a couple of accounts but I think I am
> not on your spam list.

My provider was hacked earlier in the week - still recovering - email
seems to be working now though?