database

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Mon Oct 24 14:01:23 EDT 2005

Jonathan,

>If you keep the entire DB in RAM, then do you have to save the entire DB
>when you do a save, or can you save just one record?

The entire db must be saved to disk, which is done automatically whenever
the last user logs out.  I have contemplated adding a "save" command to
SDB's vocabulary so developers would have more control over saving to
disk.  In the meantime, it's assumed any mission-critical SDB application
would include battery backup at the server.

Another possibility is to add a log file so one could lose nothing more
than the last transaction if the system goes down.

Rob Cozens CCW
Serendipity Software Company