Phishy Paypal

Bruce A. Pokras macstacks at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 22 13:22:36 EDT 2005

>Obviously it is not PayPal doing it BUT someone IS gaining access to
>either PayPal and/or eBay and their mailing lists 'when someone does
>a transaction'. This started for me right after an eBay sale and
>PayPal transaction.
>
>I sent the email on to both and got a response very quickly. The
>emails stopped soon after.
>
>Tom McGrath

The phishers do not necessarily have PayPal mailing lists. I have
neither a PayPal nor eBay account, and I get plenty of phishing spams
for both companies. So the phishers are just using regular spam lists
and hoping to hit PayPal and eBay customers.

Bruce Pokras
Blazing Dawn Software
www.blazingdawn.com