database

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Oct 22 03:02:59 EDT 2005

On 10/22/05 12:49 AM, "Chipp Walters" <chipp at chipp.com> wrote:

Hey guys.

Pascal asks for NON-SQL database.

Pascal, I believe that exists only one database for Revolution that fit your
needs -- Valentina database.

* Valentina support both: SQL and non-SQL ways to work with database.

* Valentina is 100-1000 times faster of 4D and FileMaker. Yes this is NOT
typo.

* I know 4D very good, we have meet with Laurent (developer of 4D) few years
ago to talk about database development...We was glad to see that our engines
have many similar ideas.

For example, you will find in Valentina ability to work with Sets of
selected records. In the same time you can be sure that Valentina will offer
you even more powerful API that 4D do.

* Valentina support Relational Model, but in fact Valentina provide
    Object-Relational model. You can use features that add you
    - speed and easy in development of db structure.
    - speed in runtime execution

Even more correct: if you aware of old good Navigational model, then
Valentina give you greatly improved Navigational model which we name as
    Object-Relational now.

A lots of things to talk here. :-)

--
Best regards,