Learning center videos don't play

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Oct 21 17:57:23 EDT 2005

Trevor DeVore wrote:
> On Oct 21, 2005, at 1:05 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>

>> Good sleuthing. Let's see what he says. If that's the problem, then
>> Rev's scripts should probably be revised to account for a missing
>> executable.
>

> If this is the problem I think it would make sense to change the
> RevOnline code to check the registry for the installed path.  On my  XP
> machine this is located at:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Installation Directory
>
> It seems that would be a little safer.

I just got a private email saying you were right and have solved the
problem. Bravo, Trevor, you win today's prize (whatever it is.) :)

I'll Bugzilla this one. The poster was running a copy of XP-German and
his program folder is named "programme". Thus, no match for the scripted
file path, and no functional launch of Media Player. When he created a
folder called "Program Files" and put Media Player into it, the videos
launched correctly.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com