Rev Built-in cursors IDs

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Oct 21 12:47:09 EDT 2005

Eric Chatonet wrote:

> All built-in cursors IDs have been changed between Rev 2.6 and 2.6.1.
> For instance ID 202619 has been changed for 76 and there is no  numeric
> relation between the old and the new ones.
> This is not important for standalones but is really annoying for
> stacks, utilities, plugins, etc.

I believe this change is an effort to bring IDs back into the "reserved"
ranges stated in the docs.

While possible momentarily annoying, this is not the first change to
cursor IDs and is a better choice than the last one.  This change
effectively corrects the out-of-range IDs introduced the last time
cursor IDs were changed (v2.5?).

Honoring reserved ID ranges benefits us all.  So while some may need to
make one-time changes, just as they did the last time cursor IDs
changed, at least this time we know the cursor IDs will not conflict
with any other IDs outside of the reserved ranges.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal