Toplevel vs Open vs start using

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Oct 20 04:39:57 EDT 2005

On 10/20/05 1:20 AM, "Todd Geist" <tg.lists at geistinteractive.com> wrote:

> I am not clear on the distinctions here.  They all show up in the
> application browser ( or Constellations Object Gadget).  I have lots of
> questions but these will have to do.
>
> Is a stack opened by "start using" just loaded into Memory but not opened?

Yes.

> Should I always call "Stop using" right after I am done with start using?

Well, call it when you don't need the library anymore.

> Does "toplevel" do the same thing as "Open"

Sort of... "toplevel" opens a stack in the mode of "toplevel"; "open" will
open a stack in the mode it was saved in. So if you set the style of  a
stack to modelesss and saved it that way, "open" should open it modeless
(IIRC).

> Can I open stack invisibly?

Yes, do either "open inv <stackDescriptor>" or "go inv <stackDescriptor>".

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/