help with custom sort

Ron Noice ron at ecionmicroed.com
Wed Oct 19 18:02:18 EDT 2005

Perfect. Thanks very much (and thanks to Jacque, of course) for a great solution.
It works exactly as advertised and the basic idea can be adapted in many ways.
Thanks.

... Ron

*** From: Buster  (wouter.abraham at scarlet.be)
*** Dated: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:53:26 +0200

 Hi,

 This is a similar problem as in the "Silly sort question" thread
 Adapt Jacques' excellent solution like in:

 on mouseUp
    ### adapt to taste
    ### sortbydate(item xx of each)
    ### numeric ascending or descending
    sort lines of fld 1 numeric by sortbydate(each)
 end mouseUp

 function sortbydate pDate
    replace word 1 of pDate with word 1 of pDate && "1," in pDate
    convert pDate to seconds
    return pDate
 end sortbydate

 Greetings,