background grps and preOpenCard

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Oct 19 16:22:47 EDT 2005

I'm working on a multi-card wizard and came across this and wanted to
mention a peculiar behavior and see if people thing it's correct.

I create a shared background group over a few cards.

I put in it:

on preOpenCard
   beep
end preOpenCard

It only gets called on the first card where the group is encountered,
and none thereafter. IOW, it appears the preOpenCard message is not sent
to a background group except for the first time it's encountered. If I
go to a card which doens't have the bgGroup, then back to one that has
it, the preOpenCard handler gets called again.

Weird.

Just wondering if that seems like *expected* behavior?

-Chipp