Open Process on OSX

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Oct 19 11:23:55 EDT 2005

Samuel M. Smith wrote:
> I tried this suggestion but no change in behavior. I think it is a bug.
> Since you work for RunRev do you concur? and what will it take to get  a
> fix?
> Attached is my test stack if that if of any help in verifying.

The list doesn't accept attachments, so the file enclosure was stripped
off the message.

I don't know if it is a bug or not. As I mentioned, I've never used
"open process" specifically; when I need to communicate with other
programs on Mac, I generally go with AppleScript. I was hoping someone
else would answer to fill us both in.

The best way to get a bug, or a suspected bug, looked at is to enter a
report into the bug tracking database, Bugzilla. You can do that here:

<http://support.runrev.com/bugdatabase>

This is the only way the engineers will see and address the bug.
Bugzilla includes the ability to upload your sample stack, which I
definitely recommend.

Just for the record, I don't post to this list as someone who works for
Runtime, but rather as a developer just like everyone else. When I'm
participating here I usually forget that I do a few hours of tech
support for Runtime (which is by no means my primary job,) and I never
think about the fact that others may associate me with the company when
I post. So, that said, I officially reserve the right to not know
everything. ;)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com