AW: finding and parsing internet shortcuts in Win

Thomas Fischer fischer at mail.sub.uni-goettingen.de
Wed Oct 19 09:33:37 EDT 2005

Hi David,

> Could I prevail upon someone using Windows to get the files or the
> detailed files in a folder including an internet shortcut to see
> whether this mysterious extension is seen by Rev?  If not, has anyone
> else any bright ideas how I could identify Internet Shortcuts?  I mean,
> how does Windows do it?

I suppose that on a windows machine something like

  answer folder "Please select directory:"
  if it is empty then exit mouseUp
  set the defaultFolder to it
  put the files into dirList

should give you a list to work with (it does on a Mac).

Unfortunately, writing a stack on Mac OS X, copying to a PC and then trying this doesn't seem to work - the "shell" stops the script from working.
Actually, I get neither the files nor any shell command to work on my PC from a Mac-made stack, e.g.
 answer shell("help")
does not even show the answer window. My Windows Rev test license just expired, so I can't dig deeper here.

All the best
Thomas