Constellation's Great, But the Rev IDE Doesn't Suck

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Tue Oct 18 14:05:52 EDT 2005

if I may say so, the pc version is still light years away from a ThinkC
debugger that run on my mac 128K+030 accelerator...

Like Constellation, I prefer my own editor(s)...

What we really like, is the engine :)

I still use the revPropertyPalette or the MC property palette despite having
better.. but they come short lots of time... Each time movitates either a
rant or an improvement in these alternate tools...

There's Richard's [d|r]Evolution, Chipp's Alt everything, Constellation &
Company and even Nitrous styled mods for all your needs here! And something
else coming down the drain for sure ;) There's even FreeCard, the
pandemonicum thing, HyperArchive at mit, etc, etc, etc...

But best, there's your ability to make it your own IDE more than any other!

The Rev GUI is great - I couldn't have done better!

But meanwhile, you can definitely do great stuff with rev with 1 tenth of
the effort required elsewhere... If you find a limit, ask the list, if you
find a bug, post a bugzilla! You'll get 10 different solutions!

rev is evolving faster than you think! so is the quality...
took a while to start though...

cheers
Xavier