Constellation's Great, But the Rev IDE Doesn't Suck

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Tue Oct 18 13:01:40 EDT 2005

On Oct 18, 2005, at 8:36 AM, David Burgun wrote:

> I mean I've been using RunRev now for about 2 years, but still:
>
> 1.  The debugger refuses to obey breakpoints.
I see this sporadically as well. I wish I could find a pattern as
then I'm sure RunRev could and would fix it.

> 2.  The documentaion is still poor.
I disagree, but that is certainly a matter of judgment. I think the
docs are somewhere between quite adequate and excellent depending on
the topic. Spotty to be sure, but "poor"? I don't think so.

> 3.  It crashes or causes me to ForceQuit at 3 times a day on
> average when I am using it full time for development.
Out of curiosity, are you using 2.6.1? On what platform? I have to
forced quit two or three times a week and about half the time I even
understand what I did to cause it. Three times a day on average seems
like a lot. But you may be doing far more sophisticated stuff them I am.
> 4.  Windows in the IDE never open where you left them, especially
> when you have 2 monitors.
Yeah, this one's a real PITA. I can't ell you how many times I've had
to use the message box to reposition windows that are on my no-longer-
connected external monitor.

> 5.  The Script Editor does beswick at least 3 times a day, forcing
> me to restart RunRev.

"beswick"? Cool word but what does it mean? In any case, I use
Constellation now for script editing and haven't had a single problem
in weeks.

http://www.shafermedia.com
 From http://www.shafermediastore.com/tech_main.html