Reading from gamepads etc. over USB?

Phil Davis davis.phil at comcast.net
Tue Oct 18 12:23:01 EDT 2005

This has been a source of great frustration and expense for my company.
One client has a specialized USB HID device we needed to use for input
in an RR app, but there was no way to access it natively. We ended up
writing a communication app in C (one version for Mac, one for Win) that
runs in the background. It interacts with the USB device on one side,
and with our RR app on the other side via sockets. It works great but is
ultimately a workaround.

Phil Davis