Constellation's Great, But the Rev IDE Doesn't Suck

David Bovill david at openpartenrship.net
Tue Oct 18 06:33:13 EDT 2005

True and the real value of Rev is that the tools are built in the
language so we can enhance the core product - the more contributions
like Lord Daniels the better!

On 18 Oct 2005, at 01:15, Dan Shafer wrote:

> A couple of you were kind enough to point out that in my exuberant
> endorsement of Jerry Daniels' wonderful Constellation Rev IDE, I
> came off sounding a bit like the built-in, out-of-the-box Rev IDE
> was a piece of crap. Let me set the record straight. It's
> wonderful. It has flaws and rough edges and quirks that sometimes
> confuse newbies and even oldies. But it's still really a great
> product.
>
> It's just that Constellation learned from what the Rev IDE
> designers did one way and created a new way that I personally find
> more usable and seamless.

Bought a copy, and already I'd like to "improve it" :) particularly
to switch more easily between Constellation and Rev IDE - need to be
able to get at Rev's fab Geometry Manager more easily?