Arrays and Lists

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Oct 18 08:45:55 EDT 2005

HI,

Thanks for the Sample, but I I think you may have misunderstood what
I was trying to ask. I have got array's working just fine, but what I
need is a dynamic list of arrays. I basically have a variable number
of symbol tables (which are represented as Arrays), which is the
reason I called them Array1, Array2, ....,  etc., since knowing their
name is not helpful, since they don't have one, well not one that is
defined at compile time anyway.

I have some Global Functions that maintain a list of Symbol table names, as so:
NewSymbolTable theSymbolTableName   <-- Adds theSymbolTableName to
the Global Symbol Table List.
DeleteSymbolTableViaIndex theIndex  <-- Deletes the Symbol theIndex
from the  Global Symbol Table List
GetSymbolTableNameViaIndex theIndex <-- Returns the Symbol Table Name
at the theIndex of the Global Symbol Table List
GetSymbolTableCount <-- Returns the number of Symbol Tables currently
in the  Global Symbol Table List.

Now what I would like to do is to be able to hold a list of arrays,
and have functions:

GetSymbolTableArrayViaIndex theIndex <-- Returns an Array which
represents the Symbol for the theIndex of the Global Symbol Table List
SetSymbolTableArrayViaIndex theIndex <-- Set the Symbol Table for
theIndex of the Global Symbol Table List.

I will also add functions to do the same via the Name of the Symbol
Table in the  Global Symbol Table List.

The problem is I don't know how to represent a list of Array's in
TranScript/RunRev, so any pointers on that would be greatly
appreciated.

All the Best
Dave