finding and parsing internet shortcuts in Win

David Glasgow david at dvglasgow.wanadoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 18 07:53:27 EDT 2005

Hello folks,

I am trying to find out how to recognise 'internet shortcuts' on
Windows.  Some say the extension is URL, but actually they don't seem
to show an extension even if this option is switched on.  And of
course, I don't mean URLs, I mean the shortcut text files that contain
1 or more URLs, and if you double click on them they take you there
using the default browser.  If I could find them readily, I could
easily parse the contents within REV.  (Incidentally, I don't want to
just look in the usual places, so for the purposes of the query, assume
I have a list of all possible files, and want to identify which are
internet shortcuts).

Thanks,

Best Wishes,

David Glasgow