revDocWikis

Marielle Lange mlange at lexicall.org
Mon Oct 17 18:22:26 EDT 2005

Hi David,

>> Anybody to keep an eye on my wiki during that time
>>

> Sure I know TikiWiki pretty well by now - can you give me admin
> access so i can turn off those smileys :)

Okay... I will contact you privately.... The only issue is the
shoutbox that gets spammed regularly. I do outcast the domain of the
spammer but new ones come... but for this, I only need to desactivate
the shoutbox.  Smileys in my wiki... where? :-/ ;-)

>>> I did find this http://revolution.lexicall.org/wiki/tiki-
>>> index.php?page=SoftwareRevolution, but felt that it wasn't quite
>>> what I was looking for.
>>>

>> In what sense?
>>
>> These page are meant to serve exactly the same purpose  you propose.
>> http://revolution.lexicall.org/wiki/tiki-index.php?
>> page=RevolutionSnippetTips
>> http://revolution.lexicall.org/wiki/tiki-index.php?
>> page=ProgrammingXtalk
>> http://revolution.lexicall.org/wiki/tiki-index.php?
>> page=TutorialsTeachers
>>
>> I agree, this is a bit burried down, there is too much content on
>> this wiki...
>>

> Hmmm... three TikiWiki sites out there, and another wiki. Is it
> really necessary to set up another site - setting up is easy -
> maintenance another thing. Another example of the "revolutionary
> approach" to collaboration perhaps :) Could we not all work on the
> same wiki - said hopefully :)

It was inappropriate for me to suggest so.... but yes, I did set up
my wiki in this spirit (and at the time this was justified as no
other wiki existed yet). I got a few valuable contributions... but
more wouldn't hurt.

Really, I don't mind moving the content of my wiki somewhere more
"neutral" (like the wikibook). Transfer is quite easy. Some PHP
function for automatic code coloring may help as well (is on the to
do list, but not really on top).

Marielle
--------
Marielle Lange (PhD),  Psycholinguist