control layer in a grp

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Oct 17 17:01:18 EDT 2005

On 10/17/05 10:00 AM, "david bovill" <david at openpartnership.net> wrote:

> No sorry - don't think there is.
>
> On 17 Oct 2005, at 09:41, Scott Morrow wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering if there is an easier (faster) way to discover the
>> stacking number of a specific field within a group (the control's
>> stacking number just within that group) without using a repeat
>> structure to step through all the controls in that group, checking
>> each one to see if it is a match.

Well, actually there is, but it's a bit of a kludge -- if you're "in" the
group (i.e. the same as clicking "Edit Group" on the toolbar in Rev), you
can ask for the layer of a field and it will give you the stacking order for
that field in the group.

So you can:

1) Select the group
2) Go into "editbackground" mode
3) Get the layer of the field you're interested in
4) Exit "editbackground" mode

Like this:

select group "myGroup"
start editing group "myGroup"
put the layer of field "TestField" into tLayer
set the editBackground of the topStack to false
answer tLayer

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software