spacebar messes up focus?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Oct 17 13:28:08 EDT 2005

Charles Hartman wrote:
> Thanks -- no, I didn't see this answer before. (Sorry, whoever
> answered; intermittent server problems here.)
>
> Now that I know: How do I turn that off?

There isn't any good way to do that. You can uncheck "Script debug mode"
in the Development menu, but then all the built-in debugging functions
won't work. You'd have to write your own.

One work-around might be to put whatever you are typing into the
clipboard and just paste in the whole phrase. I don't think that gets
blocked.

Also, the behavior doesn't seem to occur unless you have a modal stack
frontmost. If you can change your frontmost stack to modeless during
debugging, you should be able to type as usual.