control layer in a grp

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Oct 17 12:06:21 EDT 2005

Scott-

Monday, October 17, 2005, 12:41:47 AM, you wrote:

> I'm wondering if there is an easier (faster) way to discover the
> stacking number of a specific field within a group (the control's
> stacking number just within that group) without using a repeat
> structure to step through all the controls in that group, checking each
> one to see if it is a match.

if you're looking for a specific button in a group, try something like

 if the hilitedButton of group "gpFilter" is 6 then

...but you've got a group of *fields*? I've used groups of fields but
then just referred to the fields by name, i.e., field "x" of group
"abc". What problem are you trying to solve?

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net