Open source collaboration [WAS: Re: Rev vs. AJAX... Ajax vs TAOO]

Todd Geist tg.lists at geistinteractive.com
Mon Oct 17 11:11:50 EDT 2005

On 10/16/05 11:45 PM, "Mark Wieder" <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:

> Cool. And that makes sense, now that FileMaker 7 finally allows
> separate files instead of the monolithic structure it's always had.
> Now if we could just get FileMaker to adopt xTalk to give it a *real*
> programming language...

Actually FileMaker 7 (and now FileMaker 8) encourages development in less
files then before.

Pre FileMaker 7 every table was in its own file

Since FileMaker all your tables can be in one file.  Note I said "can be".
they don't have to be, but most developers want less files. For good
reasons.

What did happen with FileMaker 7 is the possibility of separating data from
interface.

Todd

--

Todd Geist