OT: Wikis

david bovill david at openpartnership.net
Mon Oct 17 05:18:35 EDT 2005

On 17 Oct 2005, at 02:08, Dan Shafer wrote:

> Aha! Another (ex?) Zopista lurks.
>
> WHy did you abandon ZOpe (assuming you did)?

Mostly due to social reasons - python developers can be impossible :)
Well then there was the "larger community" and the "do we really need
this heavy weight overhead" stuff... but really it came down to where
the people were - it's a quality vs quantity desicion.

> And have you looked at Zwiki, a Wiki done in Zope?

Yes used that for first www.openpartnership.net site. I like Zope. It
actually feels like Revolution but hosted as a web application. It
has the same objects within objects stuff, but also has the
templating language (which is a bit like background groups).
Absolutely everything is available via XML-RPC - so it really tempts
you to make a Revolution front end and ditch all that Web front end
stuff.

So yes still tempted by the beast :) Any other Zopista's out there?