Open source collaboration [WAS: Re: Rev vs. AJAX... Ajax vsTAOO]

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Sun Oct 16 15:06:28 EDT 2005

I guess we all have one cvs system ;)

I got a cvs in my script editor - recorded as a tag into the controls (easy
to remove for release).

A cvs stack database logs all changes (same format as usual turned into cvs
useful)

next is the historical log changes

The undo journaling and change reporting (object's property level).

What's funny is that I only do save as to update a stack's backups, inscribe
the pattern into the backup and run...

But my systems are just little solutions - not used or tested - surely
inadapted for proper cvs...

I'll see about making a cvs manager... Seems useful for collaboration.

How do you feel about journaling operations - such as changing fields'
contents?
This can be divided into content and gui labels (across different languages
too)...

I don't mean to complicate the task but broaden the possible scope of things
we all can collaborate on. 15 years thinking about constant version updates
was a nightmare at one point...

I've adopted Richard's way with how they update MC. I use the same
distribution method for my 3 TAOO environments (actually, now it's 6 or 7
considering a few servers I rarely use).

just a thought... usually cascades into a mountain of work ;)
cheers
Xavier