FTP very SlooooW!

kee nethery kee at kagi.com
Sun Oct 16 00:28:49 EDT 2005

On Oct 15, 2005, at 9:24 PM, Sivakatirswami wrote:

> While this solves the slow down problem, it also says something
> Rev's speed issues, when large amounts of data are be handled in
> fields. I suspect, were I to try it, that appending that data to a
> disk on file probably would not affect operations...

False Assumption

To write the data to disk it will most likely open the file, read to
the end, then append the data and save the file. Perhaps it will be
faster than saving into a field but most likely it too will slow down
as the file grows in size. Your best bet is to rotate the log files
when they get to a specified size. Letting a log file grow will
eventually cause the same problem you experienced with a text field.

Kee Nethery