Open source collaboration [WAS: Re: Rev vs. AJAX... Ajax vs TAOO]

Todd Geist tg.lists at geistinteractive.com
Sat Oct 15 12:42:52 EDT 2005

On 10/14/05 7:03 PM, "Alex Tweedly" <alex at tweedly.net> wrote:

> the lack of a RCS / CVS /
> subversion equivalent makes multi-developer efforts so much harder in
> Rev than in other languages that it just hasn't happened.

I don't know much about CVS, so I am going to ask the dumb question.

Why can't a CVS system be built for Rev?

I am using Magic Carpet from Altuit and I like it a lot.  I know that it's
smallest "chunk" that you can check out is a stack, but it is still cool.

Couldn't something be built to deal with objects smaller then a stack?
Perhaps you could check out scripts or pieces of scripts.  Or buttons or
cards.

Maybe a good place to start with an open source community project would be
for to build a RevCVS.

Am I crazy or what?

I just know this.  I am new to Rev. and yet I am about to release a product
that my competitors can't touch, because I can build it so much faster in
Rev then they can with other tools.  And I making extensive use of examples
and example stacks and plug-ins. (Thanks everyone  :>)  )

BUT THAT SAID.  I can compete well in this little niche because the scope is
fairly small.  Even as fast as Rev is, large complex projects are well...
Large and complex...  The benefits of having  code management system for
those projects would be huge

Cheers
Todd

--